Seagrove Park in Del Mar
If you’re looking for a fun and relaxing day out with the family, head to Seagrove Park. Located on a half-mile of green that runs along the ocean on low cliffs, Seagrove Park is a great place to take the kids and to enjoy the natural beauty of its stunning location.
About Seagrove Park
Seagrove Park begins as a manicured park at the base of 15th Street. It runs to Powerhouse Park and then stretches north to 18th Street in Del Mar. It features a playground at the south end near Seagrove Park that is perfect for small kids and is locally known as one of the best in the area. Here you can push your kids on swings while watching dolphins frolic in the waters below along Del Mar City Beach.
The beach at Seagrove Park is short and is easily reached by walking down a dirt path. The beach has designated areas for surfing, body boarding and swimming. The beach is a popular spot for surfers due to the reef. There are lifeguards on patrol and the main lifeguard tower is located just a short distance down the beach at 18th Street. Lifeguards are on duty from 9am to dusk.
Rent boogie boards for $3 an hour from the snack bar located in the parking lot of the Poseidon Restaurant at the base of 18th Street. There are also free outdoor concerts held every Tuesday night at 7pm in front of the Powerhouse Park Community Center. You may even spot a bridal party as Seagrove Park is a popular spot for weddings and other social gatherings.
Rental Information for Seagrove Park
Facilities at Seagrove Park are extremely popular, and it is recommended to book events up to two years in advance. Rental information is as follows:
- $1500 per day
- Maximum of 199 guests
- Events are scheduled from 7am to 10pm
- Alcohol is permitted at events only
- Catering is allowed, as well as one 10’ x 10’ canopy
- Acoustic music is allowed as well as a battery operated stereo
- Renters can provide their own chairs, tables, trellises and flowers
- No tents or amplified music is permitted
- No generators, fires or port-a-pottys are permitted at events
- Renters must clean up by 10pm and take all event trash with them
- Renters are not permitted to use city waste receptacles
- Renters may choose any caterer that has a valid City of Del Mar Business License
- Only one permitted event per day
- Seagrove Park remains open to the public during events
Getting to Seagrove Park
Seagrove Park is located between 15th and 18th Streets on Coast Boulevard. To get to Seagrove Park, take Interstate 5 and exit at Del Mar Heights Road West. Turn right onto Camino Del Mar. Park on the street or in the pay parking lot in front of the Poseidon Restaurant at 19th Street and Coast Boulevard. It is just one block away from the local shops and restaurants of Del Mar Village on 15th Street and Camino Del Mar (Highway 101).
Choose A Topic Below
How much is your
Looking for a home? Talk to an Area Expert...
This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error