Latest Remodeling Trends
Our uncertain economy has many homeowners staying put and investing time and resources into upgrading kitchens and baths, and even considering room additions. While some remodeling efforts may not result in huge differences upon resale, even small changes can result in easier, more comfortable living. For newcomers to the housing market, the first-time home buyer tax credit and low mortgage rates allow for access to the remodel market, as well. The ideas listed below might be worthwhile to consider if remodeling is in your plans.
Some of the top kitchen remodeling project trends include:
- Recycling centers, designated places to keep cans, papers, etc. tucked away, such as a nook or lower cabinet
- Larger pantrys and storage spaces.
- Use of renewable eco-friendly flooring and countertop materials.
- Computer areas and recharging stations, for laptops, cell phones and other electronic equipment.
Popular upgrades to the bathroom areas are:
- Water-saving toilets.
- Radiant heated floors.
- Adaptable features that allow homeowners to remain in the home past retirement.
- LED, energy-saving lighting.
- Doorless showers.
Choose A Topic Below
How much is your
Looking for a home? Talk to an Area Expert...
This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error