La Jolla Concerts by the Sea Begin July 13
La Jolla Concerts by the Sea has been providing free summer concerts to the community since 1984. On a series of Sunday afternoons, La Jolla Cove is filled with the sounds of live music, food and family fun!
Each season, a schedule is created that provides a wide variety of musical styles performed by local bands: rock-n-roll, jazz, swing, big band, country/western, and more. These family-friendly concerts are great for people of all ages, in an idyllic setting overlooking La Jolla Cove. It’s a great way to spend a summer Sunday afternoon.
Food concessions includes sodas, chips, candy, Haagen Dazs ice cream bars and fruit popsicles, as well as hot dogs, kettle corn and fresh lemonade by Bullseye Kettle Corn & Hot Dogs.
The 2014 season schedule features:
- July 13: Rockola – Classic Rock & Roll
- July 20: Theo & the Zydeco Patrol – Cajun Blues
- July 27: Bill Magee Blues Band – Blues
- August 3: The Mighty Untouchables – Rock & Roll
- August 10: Scott Martin Band – Latin Soul Jazz
- August 17: Todo Mundo – Latin/Reggae/World
- August 24: Sue Palmer & Her Motel Swing Orchestra – Boogie Woogie, Swing
The La Jolla Concerts by the Sea take place from 2 – 4 p.m. every Sunday at Ellen Browning Scripps Park. Admission is free.