San Diego Fireworks: July 4th in Style
Whether you live in downtown, on the bay, or in East or North County, you are bound to find an event that sounds appealing.
Take a look at this overview of the wonderful opportunities that await you as you explore your community!
- Port of San Diego: Big Bay Boom – Nine years of experience makes this fireworks show one of the best near the San Diego Bay. A series of barges in varying locations simultaneously provide a firework show coordinating with broadcasted music at 9 p.m. To find out more, click here.
- SeaWorld San Diego: Shamu’s SkySplash – SeaWorld always puts on a fantastic Independence Day show and offers it over three days on July 3rd, 4th & 5th. You’ll enjoy the energetic, lively, patriotic music as Shamu’s SkySplash USA fills the skies beginning at 9 p.m. To find out more, click here.
- San Diego Symphony’s Star Spangled Pops: July 3, 4 & 5 – Another three day extravaganza, the symphony, led by Principal Pops Conductor Marvin Hamlisch delights audiences with a patriotic Stars & Stripes tribute in honor of the Fourth of July. From Broadway hits, to military marches, this show at the Embarcadero Marina Park South is extremely worthwhile. To find out more, click here.
FANTASTIC FAMILY FUN
- Mira Mesa Recreation Center/ Mira Mesa Community Park – If you have little ones and prefer daytime activities, you will find a wide variety of food, games, rides and entertainment at the Mira Mesa Park. A fireworks show is also planned for the evening, at 9 p.m. To find out more, click here.
- Rancho Bernardo – From parades to picnics, the community of Rancho Bernardo seeks to provide the best in family fun for celebrating Independence Day! KYXY Radio’s will broadcast patriotic music for their firework show, as well.
- National City: Kimball Park – Kimball Park goes all out to honor the Fourth of July with its annual carnival full of games, activities and food booths. They will also host a firework show beginning at 9 p.m. To find out more, click here.
- Escondido Grape Day Park – If you live in East County and are looking for an all-day activity, plan a picnic and visit Grape Day Park for a fantastic day of celebration on July 4th! This firework show will be coordinated with KYXY Radio making for a great celebration! To find out more, click here.
- Ramona Fireworks – East County residents will also enjoy the show put on by the Ramona Rotary. This Annual 4th of July Fireworks Celebration occurs at Olive Peirce Middle School beginning at 5 pm with fireworks booming at 9 pm. This event will also utilize KYXY’s radio’s patriotic music. To find out more, click here.
No matter where you are in San Diego, you can enjoy an evening filled with fun, family, and fireworks, by tuning your radio to KYXY and looking to the skies. We hope you have a wonderful Independence Day and remember with gratitude the freedom which makes San Diego and the United States so special.