La Jolla Food and Walking Tour
Let Bite San Diego take you on a culinary tour of one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the country!
The La Jolla tour begins in the center of La Jolla, perhaps one of San Diego’s finest neighborhoods for eats and treats. Spot kayakers, surfers, & even hang gliders as you meander under the palm trees through this piece of paradise, all while enjoying scrumptious bites from the area’s most acclaimed restaurants.
Delight yourself (and tummy) with artisan pizza, delectable scones, ethnic cuisine, and more as you realize why the Spanish named this area “the Jewel.” Your friendly guide will also share how Theodor Geisel (more famously known as Dr. Seuss) made La Jolla his home, why the native Indians first called La Jolla “the hole in the mountain,” and that an acre in La Jolla once cost $1.25.
Today, La Jolla remains one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the nation. Luckily, you can affordably eat your way through this town, one bite at a time, thanks to Bite San Diego!
Stops during the tour will include at least five restaurants, such as:
- Ohana Cafe – Hawaiian BBQ with traditional and Pacific fusion dishes (and shaved ice!)
- Pizza on Pearl – New York thin crust pizza with a La Jolla twist
- Krafty Krepes – The Village’s spot for creative savory and sweet crepes
- Bardot Bars – “…we don’t sell ice cream. We sell love. On a stick!”
- We Olive – Divine dipping of the best olive oils and more from around the globe
- Cups – The hippest cupcake lounge you’ve ever seen, complete with DJs and a culinary school
The La Jolla walking tour is offered every Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. for ages 16 and up. Tickets are $45 each.