First Annual La Jolla Tribal Trail Run & Family Campout
Mark your Calendars for the first annual La Jolla Tribal Trail Run & Family Campout planned for Saturday, September 20. The La Jolla Reservation Tribal Trail Run and Family Campout 5K brings nature and family fun together.
This is a family run! Come and enjoy yourself in one of San Diego’s only campgrounds that has the San Luis Rey River Running through it. The event will include both traditional music of the local Tribes and various Tribal Rock Bands throughout the 3.1 mile trail. As you enjoy the scenic trail you will encounter the calm waters of the San Luis Rey River and unspoiled beauty of the area that the local Tribes have enjoyed for centuries. There will be family festivities and activities after the run for all ages. Whether you want to race or cheer your family and friends on while relaxing at your campsite, the Tribal Trail Run and Family Campout is meant to bring family, nature, culture, and fun together at an affordable price!
The event will be held at the La Jolla Indian Campground, 22000 Hwy. 76, Pauma Valley, CA. There is a $50 registration fee for runners who are not camping. All Group Registrations Must Arrive in the same vehicle to gain group access to the campgrounds and campsites. Registration for camping with race entry is based on a single (1) vehicle containing 4 people. Each additional person in the vehicle will be charged $5 at campground entrance. (Limit 6 people per vehicle). Each additional vehicle will be charged the standard overnight fee of $35 per vehicle per night. No pets allowed.
Dates and Times:
- Event Camping will start Friday, September 19
- Event Registration and Bib Pick Up:
- September 19th, 5:00 to 8:00 PM
- September 20th, 6:00 to 8:30 AM
- Race start time: 9:00 AM
- Event camping will conclude on Sunday, September 21
- The course is a mixture of dirt trails on hilly terrain that will cross the San Luis Rey River. Participants can traverse the river by foot or over the bridge
- Be prepared to get dusty and wet. You will running along a dirt and pebble trail and traversing the San Luis Rey River. (We will have a bridge for families with strollers)
- Bring sun screen, water, and athletic running attire