5 Tips For Selling A Luxury Home
If you are looking to sell your luxury property, there are certain steps you need to take to catch the eye of seaside seekers and condo hunters. As you are entering the market of specialty real estate, a “one size fits all” model will not be sufficient. To make sure that your listing is reaching the right buyer, and sticking with them, follow these simple tips.
- Hire a professional to stage. Staging a home is a delicate art. It needs to have just the right amount of character to express your home’s unique flare while also remaining generic enough to let potential buyers fill in the blanks. A professional will be able to direct the staging process down to the smallest detail.
- Price according to true value. Speak with your real estate agent about how to best price your home, as they will know the going rate for homes and condos for sale in your area. This rate will need to be adjusted according to the location, history, and renovation status of your home, but it will give you a starting point.
- Think like a potential buyer. As a luxury home owner, you know what it is like to be a luxury real estate buyer. You are a member of this exclusive demographic, so put that knowledge to use. Consider what you would want to experience during a home tour, what features you would want highlighted, and what types of photographs you would want in a listing.
- Advertise in the right places. While 44% of home buyers are browsing listings online, it is important to list your home on the right website. Your property should appear on luxury real estate websites only, as posting on more generic listing sites will draw people from outside of your target market. This will also offer a certain level of privacy to high profile buyers who might be interested.
- Hire a specialty realtor. Be sure to work with a realtor who specializes in luxury real estate. They are the industry expert and will have specific advice tailored to your home’s selling potential.
During the selling process, remember to be patient and trust your realtor. You are targeting a specific demographic that is seeking the finest homes and condos for sale. Selling a home takes time, but with the right technique, you will find the perfect buyer as soon as possible.